Assembly Constituency Assistant (One Year Temporary Post With Options To Extend)
Main duties include:
- Managing and monitoring incoming calls and enquiries;
- Providing general administration support (typing, emails, phone calls, distributing mail. filing, photocopying etc);
- Providing information/advice to constituents on a wide range of issues, ensuring all enquiries are dealt with sensitively and confidentiality;
- Gathering relevant information to assist with progressing and resolving cases;
- Ensuring all casework is logged: monitoring progress and ensuring all identified actions are taken;
- Liaising with Government agencies, voluntary sector and others to resolve constituency matters;
- Communicate effectively, efficiently and professionally with both internal and external contacts;
- Responding to correspondence and enquiries from constituents;
- Keep MLA and relevant staff informed of progress of cases as appropriate;
- Provide briefings and potential questions to the MLA;
- Retaining records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act and GDPR;
- Dealing with complex queries and complaints on the MLA's behalf, including drafting and signing letters;
- Ensure all correspondence is dealt with promptly and efficiently;
- Ensure competent use of telecommunications and IT including software, email and internet;
- Participate in staff training as and when required;
- Other duties as required in support of the MLA carrying out their Assembly duties
- Applicants must have 2 years minimum experience within a busy office environment
- Experience in providing general administrative support including typing, filing etc
- 1 years experience dealing with interagencies
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook/Emails etc.
- Desirable Criteria
- Experience within a political environment would be advantageous
- Demonstrate a good understanding of regional and local government
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Excellent Organisational Skills and the ability to prioritise.
- Ability to work unsupervised, using own initiative and see tasks through to conclusion within tight timescales.
Mrs Margaret Tinsley
19-21 Ballyclare Road
We are committed to providing equality of opportunity in employment and welcome applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of gender, martial or family status, religious belief, political opinion, disability, age, race, nationality or sexual orientation.
Appointments will be based on merit.