Our Administration Volunteers are the linchpin for our local branch activities. They act as the first point of contact, and they make sure all relevant information is circulated to other members. And they play an important role in keeping our data and details up to date to comply with data protection legislation.
Most importantly you’ll help disabled people to live more independent lives.
What the role involves
This role may vary depending on local needs, but is likely to include:
- Keeping records and data up to date and taking notes at meetings
- Preparing mail-outs
- Answering enquiries
- Accessing the branch Remap Email and Portal accounts
- Booking venues for meetings
- Ensuring branch members are aware of current agreements/activities ·
- Supporting the branch shared responsibility for designing and delivering projects in line with our principles of quality service delivery so that they are safe.
We can support you to develop the skills you need for this role, including an induction into all the areas outlined. You will have a chance to discuss your role and any additional needs with us.
What you need for this role
- Confident using Microsoft Office, the internet and email
- Comfortable organising the administration of a group
- Able to follow Remap policies and procedures
- Able to understand and apply our risk management system
· Able to apply disability, equality, and inclusion practices
· Able to keep people’s personal details safe
- Committed to our values
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Willing to develop skills and experience
To volunteer in this role, you will need to:
- Complete your induction checklist
- Complete online and virtual training- as directed by central staff
- Undertake an AccessNI check
Additional information about our Volunteering programme:
When you volunteer with us, you join a community of committed people with a passion for helping to improve the lives of others. You do not need to be an engineer/skilled craftsperson to undertake this specific role.