Administrative and Support Officer - Full Time - Victim Witness Care Unit
Title: Administrative and Support Officer - VWCU
Responsible To: Administration Coordinator
Location: VWCU Foyle Chambers 35 Limavady Road Londonderry BT47 6LP
Hours of Work: 35 Hours per week Monday to Friday 09:00am to 17:00pm
Recruitment: Due to COVID-19 restrictions interviews may take place remotely via an online -medium such as Zoom, Go to Meetings or Skype.
The post-holder has primary responsibility for contacting witnesses who have requested support from the Witness Service and will provide information and support to staff within the Victim and Witness Care Unit as required. The role involves contacting witnesses to introduce the service, responding to identified need and maintaining effective administration systems and reports in line with specified standards and performance targets. Whilst having an ability to work on your own initiative, you will also work well as part of a team.
Qualifications and Experience:
• 5 GCSE’s /O’ levels / Equivalent including English and Maths grade C or above with a minimum of two years’ experience in the provision of an effective administration service in an office environment
Five years’ experience in the provision of an effective administration service in an office environment
Skills and Experience
- Proven organisational skills in an office environment
- Proven interpersonal skills, both verbal and written, with particular experience of making and receiving high volume telephone calls during peak periods.
- Experience of both internal and external stakeholder engagement
- Experience of dealing with confidential information - both verbal and written
- Experience of dealing sensitively with people in emotive situations
- Proven record of valuing accuracy and attention to detail within your work
- The post holder must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office packages
- Experience of inputting data into an organisational case management system and applications
In addition to the above essential criteria, the following additional desirable criteria may be used to shortlist applicants:
- Experience of dealing with clients who may be vulnerable after experiencing a traumatic event would be advantageous
- Experience of addressing issues arising from working with the general public
- Experience of operation in a Volunteering organisation would be advantageous
- Knowledge of Northern Ireland Criminal Justice sector would be advantageous
We reserve the right to enhance the criteria as deemed appropriate in the event of a large volume of applications.
- The post holder will be required to demonstrate the ability to meet the mobility requirements of the post. Victim Support NI is aware that some persons with disabilities may not be able to hold a driving license. If this is the case, please demonstrate how you can fulfil the mobility requirements for the post for which you are applying.
35 Limavady Road