Accommodation Support Assistants
Foyle Women's Aid
There are 2 posts available - 35 hours and 16 hours.
The post-holders will assist with Foyle Women’s Aid accommodation admissions within our residential settings and will provide practical support for clients, ensuring that our services are comfortable, welcoming, supportive and a safe place to live, whilst establishing and maintaining positive relationships.
Essential Criteria includes:
- At least 1 year’s relevant experience in working with young people or vulnerable adults in a paid capacity.
Demonstrate experience in the following:
- Reception or administration duties
- Competence in the use of Microsoft Office and in report-writing
- At least 2 years’ relevant experience in working with young people or vulnerable adults in a paid capacity.
- At least an NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Experience of working in a residential setting.
- Experience of conducting Health and Safety checks.
The successful applicant must also:
- Possess a full driving licence and use of a car for business purposes
- Complete and pass the Enhanced Access NI Check
- Work evenings and weekends on a weekly basis as part of the rota
- Travel to more than one site will be required to fulfil the demands of this post
You will have proven ability to work flexibly as part of a team and to take responsibility for your own work with minimum supervision, possess good organisational and administrative skills with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, whilst having the capacity to handle pressure and be adaptable to changing demands.
Please note: Candidates will initially be shortlisted on Essential Criteria. However, if there is a high volume of applicants, we will then proceed to the Desirable Criteria.
Application forms and further information may be obtained from our website: www.foylewomensaid.org
Please email completed applications to [email protected]
The closing date for applications is Monday 12th June 2023 @ 4pm. Applications made after this time will not be accepted. CVs are not accepted.
Women’s Aid is a women-only organisation and the lawful recruitment of a female(s) for the post(s) falls within exemption stated in Article 10 (2B & 2E) of Sex Discrimination (NI) Order 1976.
Women’s Aid is a registered charity, supporting Equal Opportunities Policies.
Foyle Family Justice Centre
7-9 Bishop Street