JOIN OUR TEAM - SUPPORT WORKERS
We support people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness to achieve a meaningful and independent place in their community.
These posts suit those individuals who are passionate about developing their career within the sector or for those who are studying or seeking build their experience for a career in social work, mental health or nursing.
Reports to: Team Leader
Salary: Scale Points 16 - 20, £17,278 - £19,394 per annum. A range of additional benefits are also available such as; Westfield Health Care, 37 days holiday leave (including statutory holidays) rising for each completed year of service to a maximum of 42 days, Childcare Vouchers and many more.
Hours: Participation on a 24 x 7 rotation shift pattern (average 35 hours per week) including the requirement to work evenings, weekends and waking nights.
Job Purpose: Work as part of a team to provide effective 24 hour case management support services (accommodation units, transition into the community, within the community or hub, where in place) as required.
1. Maths and English GCSE at Grade C or an equivalent qualification.
2. Six months’ recent experience (either paid or voluntary) of directly supporting people with complex and multiple needs within a residential or community setting gained within the last three years. Complex needs include the following areas:
- Homelessness Prevention
- Substance Misuse
- Mental Health
- Young People
3. Experience of identifying support needs, including client specific risks, and putting plans in place to support those needs.
4. IT skills – Ability to use email, internet and databases to electronically record support work (within SCNI we use a client recording system called OSKA but previous use of this is not essential).
5. NISCC Registered (or subject to agreeing to become registered if appointed) and confirmation of willingness to be subject to ACCESSNI checks.
1. Valid driving license and access to a car or other form of transport to undertake duties associated with the role.