12279 - Project Worker 1 - Parent Engagement - East Belfast Family Connections
This post will be responsible to:
- build parental capacity, supporting parents respectfully to engage them in their child's learning and development through home visits and parent and children play sessions.
- deliver parent sessions and parenting programmes to parents of preschool and primary age children
- work as part of a team to support positive parenting
- build linkages with schools, community organisations and family support services
- plan and deliver programmes of play and learning activities to improve outcomes for children
Barnardo's is a learning organisation. Along with the experience you will being to the role, you will also benefit from being organisational best practice and part of a team of experienced colleagues.
We invite applications from people with strong relationship-building skills and experience of working with parents to promote positive parenting. We want to build a diverse team and welcome applications from people from different ethnic backgrounds.
We are hosting an Information session on Zoom as part of this recruitment process. This will be an opportunity for you to catch the vision of Family Connections, learn more about the programmes and approaches we use and answer any questions. This session will be held on Tuesday 24th May 6.30pm - 7.15pm. Please register by email to [email protected] and a link will be sent to you.
Please make sure you read the Additional Information Sheet attached for the service. Please use this information on your application form to show how you meet the essential criteria.
We have a range of contracts available working up to 20 hours per week
A waiting list will also be established in the event that similar vacancies arise up until April 2023
Closing date: 29th May 2022, at midnight
Proposed Interview date: week commencing 7th June 2022
Contact Email: [email protected]
East Kings Road