Resurgam Trust Community Response Plan to COVID 19The Resurgam Trust
Laganview Enterprise Centre, 69 Drumbeg Drive, Lisburn BT28 1NY
Type of support for people
- Emotional or social support (e.g. befriending)
- Food / grocery / prescription delivery
- Information and advice
Help offered for organisations
- Care staff or trained volunteers
- Transportation / vehicles
- Information and advice
Developed a community response plan to COVID 19 to provide immediate help and support for those most in need in the community. The plan includes the following elements:
- Launched a community hardship fund http://www.resurgamtrust.co.uk/resurgam-trust/resurgam-launch-a-coronavirus-community-response-hardship-fund/
- Established an Emergency Aid Distribution Centre (EADC) for food collection & distribution and support point for volunteers and staff.
- 18 staff members redeployed and services/projects reviewed and adjusted to deliver the plan.
- Engaging effectively with local people, keeping them informed, listening to their concerns and responding meaningfully.
- The Resurgam Trust Healthy Living Centre is contacting vulnerable clients by telephone on a daily basis and responding to needs in partnership with Lisburn Safe, Lisburn foodbank and the Highway Kitchen. They are also distributing shielding packs in partnership with the LCCC and Lisburn Safe.
- Lisburn Safe lead the coordination of 70 volunteers daily across 5 communities (Hillhall, Old Warren x 2 , Low Road, Maze) to identify need for & facilitate: Access to food, shopping, medicines to vulnerable people, issuing food vouchers and emergency deliveries of food in partnership with the Lisburn Foodbank.
- Highway Inn Kitchen - established a soup kitchen and deliver up to 200 free ready meals twice a week to vulnerable or isolated people.
- Premier Taxi company - provide priority booking and dispatch for Key Workers, Essential shopping, pick-up and delivery service, Delivery of emergency medication to those in isolation , Check-in service for vulnerable and isolated customers.
- The Welcome House - BME service: has moved to providing advice and support via phone or video call for emergency help and support, assistance with welfare support, online support – keeping people informed and connected via Facebook.
- We are also providing direct online support for children and young people through the Resurgam youth initiative as well as Early Intervention Lisburn
Contact can be made by ringing Gillian Lewis - Healthy Living Manager at anytime:
Telephone - 028 9252 8233/07710394983 text messages are also welcome