Indoor play ideas and activitiesPlayBoard NI
Across Northern Ireland
Type of support for people
- Information and advice
PlayBoard NI is the lead organisation for the development and promotion of children and young people's play in Northern Ireland.
Play is both fun and educational and is essential for children’s well-being, helping them build resilience and cope with stress. Play gives children the opportunity to learn new skills and make sense of the world around them. As we face worrying and uncertain times play is more crucial than ever, and it is important that children have the space and time to play every day.
For lots of fun play ideas for children and young people to try at home including how to make your own playdough, learn how to juggle, create a fairy garden, play indoor hopscotch and much more go to www.playboard.org/play-ideas/
Go to www.playboard.org/resources/ to download our new publications 'Coronavirus – Play Matters More Than It Ever Did' and 'Fostering Resilience Through Play' and watch our webinar 'How To Help Our Children Overcome Anxiety'.
Operating in the following council areas:
- Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough Council
- Ards and North Down Borough Council
- Armagh City, Banbridge and Craigavon Borough Council
- Belfast City Council
- Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council
- Derry City and Strabane District Council
- Fermanagh and Omagh District Council
- Lisburn and Castlereagh City Council
- Mid and East Antrim Borough Council
- Mid Ulster District Council
- Newry, Mourne and Down District Council