Free use of website tool to help support users with disabilities & access needstexthelp
Across Northern Ireland
Help offered for organisations
Texthelp has confirmed that, in light of current events, it is offering free 90-day access to its digital inclusion tool Browsealoud, so organisations can ensure their website is accessible to every visitor.
In this time of increasing uncertainty and change, web accessibility is more important than ever. Digital inclusion is something that should be on everybody’s mind, and as social distancing measures come into effect, the ability for everyone to be able to access goods and services online is becoming more crucial everyday. But digital access doesn’t come easily to everyone, because barriers on the web still exist.
As organisations take steps to limit travel, cancel or postpone face-to-face appointments and replace in-person events with virtual ones, it’s vitally important that the essential communication published online can be accessed and understood by every website user.
That’s why Texthelp is opening up access to Browsealoud and offering organisations the opportunity to try it out on their own websites for free.
Browsealoud provides your customers with all the features they need to…
- Hear content read aloud via the text-to-speech feature, making content easily accessible to people with dyslexia, reading difficulties and visual impairments
- Translate web pages into 99 languages, and hear translated text read aloud in 40 languages - a perfect support for English Language Learners
- Magnify on-screen text to assist users with visual impairments
- Convert text to audio files for offline listening with an MP3 generator
- Increase the ability to focus with a screen mask and reading pane
- Simplify web pages to remove ads and other distracting content, for easier reading
- Tailor their experience with custom settings, built in to suit individual user needs and preferences
Join the Digital Inclusion movement and try Browsealoud for free.
Browsealoud can be downloaded for free via this page
Operating in the following council areas:
- Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough Council
- Ards and North Down Borough Council
- Armagh City, Banbridge and Craigavon Borough Council
- Belfast City Council
- Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council
- Derry City and Strabane District Council
- Fermanagh and Omagh District Council
- Lisburn and Castlereagh City Council
- Mid and East Antrim Borough Council
- Mid Ulster District Council
- Newry, Mourne and Down District Council