NIFHA Finance Conference 2017
What our political dynamic will be in the months ahead remains difficult to predict. This, alongside the continuing ambiguity surrounding Brexit, means that uncertainty remains as to what measures will be in place for continued government capital expenditure for new housing. Departmental revenue support for the sector also continues to be an issue for housing associations. With income streams being squeezed by welfare reforms, the road ahead for social landlords could be an unsteady and challenging one.
NIFHA’S Finance Conference,chaired by veteran business journalist and consultant Jamie Delargy offers an expert line up of speakers to help housing associations and their partners understand and navigate the challenges and opportunities ahead.
Plenary Sessions / Speakers
- Financial Review and Outlook – Conor Lambe, Economist, Danske Bank
- 2017 Sector Sector Accounts – Martin Pitt, Partner, PwC
- Value for Money panel with: Michael Williams, Relationship Manager, Inprova Group; Kevin Scarlett, Chief Executive, River Clyde Homes; and Ian Brennan, Director of Regulation, Finance & Risk Division, Scottish Housing Regulator
- Lender Panel with: Joanna McArdle, Barclays; Gordon Davidson, Ulster Bank; Chris Martin, Danske Bank and Phelim Sharwin, UCIT
- Increasing Performance & Embedding Change – Sarah Smith, Executive Director Finance and Resources
- New Regulatory Framework and Returns – Anthony Carleton, Director of Local Govt & Housing Regulation, DfC
- Unlocking House Building Capacity Through Innovative Financing with Ken Youngman, Associate, Traderisks and Jason Murphy, Managing Director, Centrus Advisors
Breakout Sessions / Speakers
- Financial Governance, Risk and Assurance – Jonny Boggs, Founder, JMB
- GDPR: What You Need to Know – Paula Tighe, Director of Information Governance, Wright Hassall
- Funding Future Supported Housing – Liz Zacharias, Senior Consultant, Campbell Tickell
NOTE: Book 3 delegate places- get a 4th free! Please provide us with the names of all 4 delegates when booking and the free place will be deducted upon invoicing.
- Children and families
- Community development
- Housing and homelessness
- Older people
- Rural development