Housing Advice Training Programme
The six-day format will concentrate on key themes that will enable participants to obtain a qualification which enhances the skills and knowledge necessary to provide comprehensive housing advice.
This course will cover:
- Understanding housing options available for clients
- Accessing various types of accommodation
- Using homelessness legislation
- Selection scheme
- Private rented accommodation
- Sustaining accommodation and affordability
Who should attend:
- Generalist advice workers
- NIHE & housing association staff
- Hostel workers
- Constituency office staff
- Other statutory agencies such as Environmental Health Departments & Social Services
- Community/residents groups
Why should they attend:
This course has been updated to ensure participants gain a strong grounding on all housing sectors. It will also cover Welfare Reform and how this is impacting on the housing arena.
Participants will attend training one day per week and also be required to complete some additional study hours and work based learning tasks such as case studies and research activities to build their portfolio of evidence. To assist in achieving this, participants will have the support of the lead tutor. Accredited through the Open College Network.
This course is accredited by the Open College Network at level 3. Participants who wish those to register for the accreditation will have an additional fee of £75.00
- Advice services
- Housing and homelessness