Housing Advice Training Programme
This course will enhance participants skills and knowledge necessary to provide comprehensive housing advice. Attendees who successfully submit a portfolio of work covered throughout the course will obtain an accreditation with OCN at Level 3.
THE HOUSING ADVICE TRAINING PROGRAMME WILL COVER:
- housing options available for clients
- accessing various types of accommodation
- using homelessness legislation
- selection scheme
- private rented accommodation
- sustaining accommodation and affordability
Outcome of the course:
Level 3 OCN accreditation
Who should attend this course?
- generalist advice workers
- NIHE & housing association staff
- hostel workers
- constituency office staff
- other statutory agencies such as environmental health departments and social services
- community/residents groups
- Why they should attend
This course provides a great grounding on all housing related issues.
In addition to attending the training sessions, participants will also be required to complete some additional study hours and work based learning tasks such as case studies and research activities to build their portfolio of evidence.
To assist in achieving this, participants will have the support of the lead tutor throughout the six-week course.
This course is accredited through the Open College Network; course fee is inclusive of £75 OCN accreditation fee.
- Housing and homelessness
Date and Time
The Skainos Centre 241 Newtownards Road Belfast BT4 1AF