Essentials of Zazen
Black Mountain Zen Centre
This is a free event
A beginner's guide to Zen meditation
- In this workshop we will discuss and practise how to establish the essentials of zazen – awareness of posture, breath, and mental/emotional activity. There will be a detailed instruction on how to sit upright in a balanced and relaxed way, how to cultivate awareness of breath and how to sustain awareness in the midst of mental and emotional activity.
- This workshop is particularly designed for beginners, but will also be beneficial for more experienced students.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing and bring an open heart!
- Street parking is free on Sundays, and there is often space available across the road in St Anne's Cathedral carpark.
- Register here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/essentials-of-zazen-tickets-60020223103
- Suggested donation £25, but please just donate whatever you can afford – your presence is the most important offering.
- Health and wellbeing