The essentials: accessing social housing
This course will help clients who are wanting to access social housing for the first time and moving through the Selection Scheme process to gain a social home. In this entry level course you will find out how to maximise client points & offer them the best outcome in their application process.
What we will cover
- the Selection Scheme
- how the NIHE will assess homelessness
- the legislation affecting social housing
- points maximisation
- recent / ongoing changes to the allocations system
Who should attend?
- housing advisers
- community / residents groups
- benefits advisers
- constituency offices staff
- social and hostel accommodation providers
- Advice services
- Housing and homelessness