Diabetes Awareness (Frontline Staff)
Next date: Monday 09 September 2019 10:00am
Association for Real Change NI
Cost: ARC Members £45.00 | Non-Members £60.00
This course will raise awareness and help support staff provide effective care for diabetics.
Trainer: Ann Fargher
Course references Guidance Diabetes UK , Diabetes NHS & NICE Guideline.
By the end of the course learners will:
- know what the term Diabetic means
- understand the difference between Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes
- recognise symptoms of Diabetes
- understand complications of Diabetes
- understand management of Blood Sugar Levels
- understand how to recognise and manage Hypoglycemia
- understand medication, insulin and combinations of treatment
- understand the importance of diet and exercise.
Cost ARC Members £45.00 | Non-Members £60.00
Location ARC NI Offices
- Health and wellbeing