Charity Cycle Challenge in aid of Cancer Fund for Children
Cancer Fund for Children
EVENT: Club Rider 300k cycle OR 5k for 5 Days… you decide!
DATE: Monday 6th July - Sunday 19th July 2020
REGISTRATION: £20 donation for Club Rider 300k | £10 donation for 5k for 5 Days
FUNDRAISING: Go for it! Whatever you may be able to raise will be massively appreciated!
What is the Club Rider 300k?
- Challenge: Cycle 300km in 2 weeks beginning on Monday 6th July and finishing no later than Sunday 19th July - the day the Tour de France was originally supposed to end! This is a great event for both professional and amateur cyclists.
- Why 300k?: It’s the approximate distance it would take to travel from our therapeutic short break centre Daisy Lodge in Newcastle, Co. Down, to the site where we will build our new Daisy Lodge in Cong, Co. Mayo!
- Let’s make it interesting: Challenge 1 friend to sign up and join you and go in a head to head race to see who can cover the distance in the fastest time. Slowest time donates an extra £10 to Cancer Fund for Children!
What is the 5k for 5 Days?
- Challenge: Cycle 5k a day, for 5 days - 25km in total! Start your challenge on Monday 6th July and have your challenge completed by no later than Sunday 19th July. This is a great event if you want a more leisurely or family friendly experience.
- Let’s make it interesting: Challenge 5 family friends to sign up and take on the challenge with you. Who can achieve the best average time over the 5 days for your 5k challenge? Or see who can fundraise the most!
- Creative challenge: Design your own Daisy Jersey and ride with pride! Find an old top at home that you can make use of and start designing your very own Daisy themed cycling jersey. We want to see your creations! Post your pictures on our Facebook Event Page so all of our cycling community can see.
** STAY SAFE FOLKS! **
Your challenge should be taken on alone, or with immediate family members living within the same household. Please make sure you adhere to all current government guidelines while taking on your challenge.
- Children and families
- Health and wellbeing
- Young people
Date and Time
Take part from home!
Your village or town...
If you have a query, please don't hesitate to get in touch.
T: 028 9080 5599
The sad reality is that every week in Northern Ireland another three children and young people aged 0-24 years old will be diagnosed with cancer.
Cancer Fund for Children understands the devastating impact a cancer diagnosis and its treatment has on the whole family, and that beyond the essential medical care, there is a family life that needs to be rebuilt.
From the point of diagnosis our team of Cancer Support Specialists is here to help, guide and support families at home, in their community, and at our therapeutic short break and residential centre in Newcastle, Co. Down. Our support is focused not just on the young person, but on the whole family. Our aim is to empower, connect and strengthen them, so they feel equipped to deal with whatever the future may hold.
Cancer Fund for Children is also here to help bereaved families cope with the emotional pain of losing a child to cancer. We also support children and young people whose parent has been diagnosed with cancer through our Young Shoulders Programme.