NCB NI (National Children’s Bureau Northern Ireland) is a charity that aims to improve the lives of children and young people. They do lots of research and are starting a new project on behalf of Office of the First Minister and deputy First Minister (OFMDFM)
The Project is a 3 year study to examine the barriers facing young people at risk of becoming NEET (not in education, employment or training).
The Young Advisors are a group of young people who will work alongside the research team to help provide advice on issues that arise from the research process. The group will also help develop a young person’s version of the research report to make sure young people understand the findings.
To become a Young Advisor you must be aged between 16 and 20 and fall into one of the following groups
- You are not in school, tech, university, training or employment
- You are in school but find it hard to go all the time
The group will meet up to 3 times a year (for 3 years). We will decide the meeting dates with you. As well as the opportunity to meet new people, learn new skills and have fun you will also:
- Receive training on research methods & working in a team
- Receive A £10 shopping voucher for every meeting you attend
- Receive Accredited achievement award for your records
- Be helping to change things that matter to you & your friends
It won’t cost you a penny…We will provide food & refreshments at all meetings and we will cover the cost of your travel to and from meetings and childcare costs if necessary. Contact Gill Hassard at NCB NI 028 9089 1730 / 07595 272 114 / email@example.com
by Friday 18th May 2012