In 2012 Sunflowerfest aims to make this a bonanza weekend for families – kids and ‘big’ kids alike. Remember what it was like to be a kid – freedom, fun and friendship!
Find your inner child. Join in the fun and help make Sunflowerfest the festival you would like it to be!!
Magicians, circus performers, clowns, acrobats, artists – anyone who has a unique and quirky talent who loves strutting their stuff and making us laugh –
We need volunteers to help supervise the kiddie activities. There will be a dedicated Kidz Zone and various events and workshops taking place all around the festival which will need constant supervision and stewarding by volunteers.
Kidz Zone Supervisors:
Parents at the festival will be ultimately responsible for their children/charges. They will be reminded not to leave their children unattended. Volunteers will not be responsible for the children taking part in the kid’s activities.
The Volunteer’s key tasks will be to ensure:
- everyone gets a turn,
- that supplies e.g. water, sponges, balls and play equipment don’t run out
- parents or guardians are alerted if any child is upset or overwhelmed
- smooth running of the games and activities and clear instruction to kids regarding playground etiquette
- vigilance at all times especially with regard to health and safety issues and to notify the parent/guardian and/or designated safety personnel
- above all, that everyone has FUN in a happy and safe environment