Festival Helpers fill in the cracks, they do the details that make sure Sunflowerfest is easy and fun and safe for our festival goers. This is all over the festival - at the tent areas, all the venues/performance tents, workshops, the gate, fire exits … and everywhere in between. So the Volunteer Festival Helper role could involve any of the following tasks:
Helping people with info such as directions, performances and line-ups.
- Helping people with their tents etc. (this could include helping to pitch the odd tent if needs be!).
- Being our eyes and ears and reporting any problems or issues like lost kids, crowd control or faulty facilities.
- Working with Fire Safety, Medical and Security teams if and when needed.
- Collecting/selling tickets at the gate
- Securing a key area and making sure e.g. nobody goes past it
The thing is, this whole role revolves around dealing with the public so volunteers will need good people skills, will like dealing with people and enjoying the craic with them. And this role needs the best of both worlds – volunteers who can use their own initiative, but can also work well in a team and take guidance when needed.
Volunteers receive access to the full festival, free camping, training, meal vouchers and the chance to be part of the team that makes it all happen.