AIMS OF ROLE:
To assist the Physiotherapist during weekly exercise classes. To support individuals in developing, maintaining and restoring fitness levels. The over arching aspiration is to provide service users with access to treatment tailored to meet their individual needs.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE ROLE:
- To attend exercise classes on a weekly basis.
- To assist individuals in developing fitness levels.
- To encourage individual participation in groups.
- Supervise/ observe individuals during personal exercise programmes in gym.
To ensure the development of effective relationships with our service users, Volunteers will be asked to attend for a minimum of 2 hours per week. Volunteers are also asked to attend a minimum of 4 training sessions / team meetings which will be scheduled throughout the year.
HeadwayBelfast, 5C Stirling House,CastlereaghBusinessPark,478 Castlereagh Road,Belfast,BT5 6BQ
HeadwayBelfastdo not ask for formal qualifications for this role, however, due to the nature of the work it is desirable that applicants who have a Physiotherapy Degree qualification are full members of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP) and are registered with the Health Professionals Council (HPC).
It is essential that you can currently demonstrate the following skills and qualities:-
- Understanding of physical problems following brain injury - movement, posture, balance and mobility.
- The ability to establish positive relationships with clients.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- The ability to attend a minimum of one 2 hour session per week.
- A willingness / commitment to attend relevant training.
You must also be able to show that with this training you will be able to quickly gain:-
- A knowledge of the impact of Brain Injury.
- An understanding of and agreement with Headway Belfast’s policies in relation to confidentiality, Access NI, equality of opportunity and any other relevant policies.