Steps to Work is a programme to help the unemployed and economically inactive secure employment.
As an employer you can benefit by partnering with South Eastern Regional College to provide valuable work experience placements for participants on the Steps to Work Programme.
Benefits to your Organisation include:
- An additional member of staff for a period of work placement ranging from 8 to 26 weeks.
- No cost to your company as the participant retains their benefits plus a small top up allowance.
- Accredited training provided for the participant by the College will be free of charge.
- Regular support from experienced College staff.
What is required of you?
- All employers must hold current Employer and Public Liability Insurance.
- Participants require an induction at the commencement of the placement including Health & Safety procedures etc.
- A nominated person within your organisation to train the participant as required.
- Allow College staff to visit the participant on a regular basis and provide information on participant progress.
What is your commitment at the end of the programme?
You are under no obligation to employ the participant, however, it is hoped that by the end of the programme the participant will have proved themselves to be a valuable asset to your company. Should you wish to employ them you can receive a grant towards their wages for the first 26 weeks of their employment. Not only will your company save on the cost of the wages but also on recruitment and advertising costs!
If you would like to find out more about the programme or would like to partner with the college in the delivery of the programme please telephone Emma or Paula on 028 9127 6828/07557282163 for further informatio n.