Enter the Brighter Belfast Environmental Awards 2012
There are less than 3 weeks to go to submit your entry for this year’s Brighter Belfast Environmental Awards.
Why not reward your group for making a contribution to improving Belfast’s environment. All you have to do is complete and return the Brighter Belfast Environmental Awards application form by 4pm on Monday 19 November 2012.To receive an application form please contact us on 9032 0202 ext.5377 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you can go online at www.belfastcity.gov.uk/brighterbelfast where you can download an electronic copy of the application form.
If your group is successful you will be presented with a prize of £500 and a crystal trophy at a gala dinner in City Hall in January 2013.
The award categories are;
· Litter Heroes Award – open to groups who are involved in a project to reduce or prevent litter.
· Business and the Community Together Award – open to organisations or businesses that have carried out a local environmental programme in partnership with a group, individual or school.
· Green Initiative Award – open to groups who are involved in projects to reduce waste, conserve natural resources or who have adapted measures to reduce their carbon footprint.
· Education for Change Award – open to schools that care deeply about environmental issues and wish to make a positive change to their local environment.
· Nature Conservation Award – open to groups who have an interest in safeguarding and conservingBelfast’s greatest asset – its natural heritage. Examples might include, creating or maintaining a wildlife habitat, conservation area or community garden.