Youth Leader in Charge– Core
Salary Scale: £10.67 per hour
Hours: 18 hours per week
Tenure: Required on a fixed-term contract until 31st March 2018
Reports to: BHCP Partnership Manager
Please note that this is a term time position therefore will operate over 39 weeks.
Evening work will be carried out.
To post holders duties will include the following;
- To identify, prioritise and deliver a programme of youth work activities based on need in the designated area, related to the "Model for Effective Practice".
- To provide leadership and support for a team of part-time workers and volunteers within the project.
- Ensure that young people play an active role in the project and work towards a model of youth participation.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the wider community and external agencies.
- Provide information and support to young people to assist them to express and realise their goals and to work effectively in groups.
- Challenge oppressive behaviour in young people.
- Encourage young people to broaden their horizons and be active citizens.
Applicants must possess either
- Certificate for Part-Time Youth Workers and a post-foundation (Curriculum and Practice) course certificate OR
- an OCR or OCN Introduction to Youth Work (including Programme Development) OR
- an NVQ 3 in Youth Work OR
- a third level qualification in a related field (Educational, Social Services or Health).
Applicants must also possess and demonstrate
- At least 2 year's experience working with young people in an informal youth work setting.
- Evidence in application and at interview, of a recent intervention designed to address specific needs of young people.
The above criteria may be enhanced to facilitate shortlisting.
An expression of interest letter must be submitted to the Chairperson by 12.00 noon on Friday 5th May 2017 via the email below, outlining how the applicant meets the essential criteria above.
For further information please contact the human resources as outlined below;
Ballymagroarty Hazelbank Community Partnership
2 Dunluce Court
Email: [email protected]
Closing Date: Friday 5th May 2017 @ 12.00pm.
BHCP is an equal opportunities employer.