Responsible to: Project Manager
Salary: £12,830 per annum
Hours of work: 30 hours per week to include one evening and weekend work.
Main Purpose of Post: to empower young people to take the lead in meeting their social needs, dealing positively and proactively with information, advice and support provision with no judgement or criticism.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To facilitate the involvement of young people in the development of the services, provide advice, signposting, referrals and information for young people.
- To work as part of a team to deliver a ‘One Stop Shop’ for Information, advice, one to one support, workshops and signposting services for young people aged 11-25yrs on a range of issues from drugs and alcohol, sexual health, sexual orientation, education, welfare and legal, suicide ideation, mental health, wellbeing and resilience, self harm, and coping with school and employment.
- To engage the optimal level of peripatetic services into the centre, for one to one, workshops and training in relation to the above issues. To engage young people with development, delivery of and participation in services provided by FUEL and FIND.
- To continue to develop and manage the hang out space for 13-17 yrs.
- To help develop the entertainment on Friday Nights for 13-17yrs and facilitate young people’s involvement in design and delivery of entertainment.
- Build capacity and market the project– in the community, including schools, churches community groups, in both public and private sectors, through innovative initiatives and via the media. Liaise with other organisations and work in cooperation to improve services for young people.
- Ensure compliance with child protection and other relevant legislation.