We are seeking an experienced youth worker for The post of Youth and Schools Worker for the Crosslinks Programme
This role will focus on outreach youth and schools work in inner East Belfast with a view to connecting young people to the Crosslinks programme.
Youth work will include: detached/street based work, afterschool and evening drop in sessions, 1-1 mentoring and informal contact time as necessary.
The post holder will be responsible for leading volunteers in the planning, preparing, organising, and running of the Crosslinks events and activities and in the ongoing informal education and mentoring work of the Project and developing the local and citywide networking relationships that link the Crosslinks Programme with the community and similar community work projects in East Belfast.
This post is 37.5 hours per week including evenings and weekends
The ideal candidate will have
- Three years experience, voluntary or paid, in outreach youth and schools work in areas of social deprivation
- Understanding and experience of community relations work in Northern Ireland
- Familiarity with a relationship-based youth work model
- Foundation level youth work qualification
- Foundation level Community Relations Training
- Driving Licence
For a job description and application pack please see http://www.nijobs.com/Youth-and-Schools-Worker-Crosslinks-Job-916886.aspx
A project supported by PEACE III Programme managed for the Special EU Programmes Body by the Community Relations Council/Pobal Consortium