Job Title: Youth Advice Outreach Worker
Salary Range: c£23k (pro-rata)
Hours of Work: 22.5 hrs Flexible
Location: Banbridge & Rural Areas
General Description of Position:
Reporting to the Advice Centres Manager the Outreach Worker will work with statutory, youth and community based organisations to promote and ensure uptake of health and school/education services for the Youth Information and Advice Centres based in Banbridge.
- Assess the needs of young people and plan and deliver health related programmes incl; mental health, resilience, relationships, sexual health, drugs, alcohol and coping with school & employment.
- Recruit targeted individuals for programme participation.
- Respond to clients' requests for assistance by assessing service needs and providing information, and referral services as appropriate. Follow-up on referrals in order to assess outcomes and provide additional services as required.
- Maintain close professional relationships and liaisons with in-house service provision and external service providers.
- Youth/social/community work qualification.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Access to a vehicle and full driving licence.
- Able to work flexible hours including evenings/weekends.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, email).
- Experience of working to and meeting deadlines/targets.
- Knowledge of Regional/Local Health Related Strategies.
- Knowledge of issues affecting young people and their families.
How to Apply:
Send an email to email@example.com requesting an application form.
Closing Date for Applications: 5pm, 31st August 2012