• GCSE (A-C or equivalent in English and Maths)
• NVQ 2 in Health & Social Care/ Housing or equivalent & have good literacy and numeric skills
• A minimum of two years experience (within the last 5 years) working in Social Care or Support with a willingness to undertake training to a standard of or above NVQ 2 in Social Care or equivalent
• Previous experience in implementing support programmes, including life skills, both one to one and within group sessions & the monitoring of same
• Be able to demonstrate a commitment towards the needs of disadvantaged people
• Be available to work regular unsocial hours
• Be able to demonstrate a commitment towards the Aims and Values of Living Rivers Lighthouse Hostel.
• NVQ 3 in Health & Social Care/ Housing or equivalent
• Working knowledge or history of working with clients who have mental health issues and/or addictions
• A full driving licence and regular access to a motor vehicle
• Word processing and general computer knowledge
• Any other skills that would aid or develop the service of the Lighthouse Hostel such as being bi-lingual
• Experience developing / facilitating training programmes around issues faced by Lighthouse Hostel client group such as Physical Health, Interviewing Skills, Mental Health, Addictions, Men’s sexual Health.
Essential Personal Characteristics:
• An assertive, committed, self motivated individual with the capacity to work within a team, and make appropriate decisions
• Good communication skills
• Have good inter-personal and organisational skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion
• Have the ability to maintain professional boundaries
• Enthusiasm with a flexible approach to working and adaptable to change
Please note that all applicants must be able to demonstrate on their application form how they meet the requirements of the post.