The Development Workers, one of which will be based in Poleglass and the other in Seymour Hill, will together be responsible for the effective and efficient day to day delivery of the PEACE III funded project, ensuring that the outputs and objectives are being achieved. The post holders will collaboratively develop appropriate systems and strategies, pro-actively identify issues faced by all sections of the community in Dunmurry area, and encourage / facilitate local resolutions.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work in partnership with other project staff to ensure effective delivery and monitoring of the PEACE III funded project, ensuring that all agreed outputs and objectives are met, and timely financial and monitoring submissions are made to the PEACE III Secretariat.
- Work directly as a point of contact with all statutory agencies, local community groups and all other relevant stakeholders within the Greater Dunmurry Area to manage local tensions and promote mediation and reconciliation.
- To work in partnership with other local community groups, to encourage the development of a collaborative Community Development plan for the Dunmurry area.
- To organise outings / activities pertaining to significant historical events in Northern Ireland, with a focus on the impact of these events on communities, and how to encourage understanding and tolerance.
- To organise / promote cross-community sporting activities.
- To assist in the development of the proposed “Think Tank” for the Dunmurry area. Identifying key stakeholders, encouraging participation, and pro-actively encouraging the local community to engage in positive discussions to find an agreed method of dealing with the legacy of “the troubles” such as truth recovery and sectarianism.
- To develop an inter-generational project which helps young people address the legacy of the conflict and develop mutual recognition of cultural difference.
- To assist in the promotion of the project, including the development of a community news-sheet for the Dunmurry area.
- To carry out a Community Needs Analysis for the Dunmurry area, evaluate the results and report to the management committee on issues not currently being addressed under the Greater Dunmurry Community Relations Strategy.
- To attend all meetings as required relating to the PEACE III funded project.
- To develop the aims and objectives of the Partner organisations within GDPRP.
- Any other duties as may be allocated from time to time in accordance with the general nature of the post.
This is a fixed term post up to 31st December 2013, which may be extended subject to the availability of further funding.