MindWise has been offering specialist services to carers and families of people with severe mental illness for a number of years. The service provides the carers and family of those experiencing severe mental illness with a support network in their local area. This includes home visits, one to one meetings, group meetings, assistance with carer assessments, training and information on all aspects of caring.
• Must be able to demonstrate a minimum of 6 months experience of providing support to carers and families of people with a severe mental illness, either in a paid or voluntary position
- Demonstrate a minimum of 1 years experience of providing support in a paid or voluntary capacity in another formal setting.
- Knowledge of the main mental health diagnoses
- Knowledge of working with multidisciplinary teams
- Experience of working with basic computer packages, the internet and emails.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to work flexibly to suit the needs of those accessing the service
- Willing and able to work unsocial hours, weekends and public holidays.
Full criteria and details for the post are contained within the application pack which may be downloaded below or from www.mindwisenv.org or requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephoning 028 9087 5015.
The successful applicant will be subject to an Enhanced Access NI check
Closing date for applications: 12.00 Noon, Friday 24 August 2012.
MindWise are an equal opportunities employer