MindWise wish to recruit for the following post:
Community Mental Health Worker, Lurgan
Temporary 6 month fixed-term contract to cover maternity leave
Salary: £15,489.96 - £17,386.36 per annum (pro rata)
Location: Lurgan Resource Centre
Hours: 22.5 hours per week (10.00 am- 2.30 pm Monday-Friday).
MindWise’s Community Resource services, Lurgan, offer one on one and group work providing informal social contact, mental health support and practical help. They give individuals the chance to develop new skills through structured support and offer access to a wide range of information, support and advice on issues such as mental health, benefits and employment.
- Must be able to demonstrate a minimum of 6 months experience of providing support to people with a mental illness either in a paid or voluntary position.
- Demonstrate a minimum of 1 years’ experience of providing support to individuals with support needs in a work or formal care setting either in a paid or voluntary position.
- Able to demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work weekends, public holidays and lone work when required.
- Be registered with or eligible for registration with NISCC
Full criteria and details for the post are contained within the application pack which may be downloaded below or from www.mindwisenv.org or requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephoning 028 9087 5015.
Please note the recruitment office will be closed on Thursday 11th and Friday 12th July, telephone requests for application packs can be left by voicemail and will be posted out on Monday 16th July.
The successful applicant will be subject to an Enhanced Access NI check
Closing date for applications: 12.00 Noon, Wednesday 25th July 2012.
MindWise are an equal opportunities employer