The Job Mentor will recruit and case load clients from selected target groups on an individual basis. The broad aim of the initiative (LEMIS+) is to provide specialist employability support to people wishing to return or enter the labour market.
DUTIES OF THE POST
1. Act as a mentor to Jobseekers, by offering guidance, support and encouragement towards appropriate and realistic career goals.
2. Provide detailed personal assessments leading to individually tailored action plans which should be reviewed regularly with the customer.
3. Build commitment and motivation to improve the customers’ employability and get them into work.
4. Liaise with local Jobcentre, SSA and community organisations etc. to market the LEMIS+ programme and to encourage referrals.
5. Be knowledgeable of the range of employment and training support initiatives of all community, voluntary and statutory groups.
6. Recruit and register new clients and maintain personal files and MAYTAS system.
7. Engage with customers building their understanding of the ways in which tackling their barriers and preparing for work can be complementary
8. Address lifestyle issues that are likely to hinder a return to work
9. Work closely with Jobcentre / Jobs and Benefits office staff, LEMIS+ co-ordinator and employment and training providers.
10. Gain a working knowledge of government programmes and services, and the Social Security Benefits system where it relates to customer eligibility for training schemes etc.
11. Participate in seminars / workshops organised by the DfE & ESF, or within local communities to explain the service delivered and what their findings have been.
12. Design and deliver targeted pre-employment training for jobseekers, to maximise their preparedness for specific and non-specific vacancies.
13. Assist in the monitoring and evaluation of the service.
14. Maintain quality controls and report any indiscretions that may arise.
15. General administrative duties and other reasonable tasks as required by management.
- Good standard of education required (minimum 5 GCSEs above grade C including English Language and Maths or equivalent).
- A qualification in counselling or career guidance or at least 12 months experience of working with job seekers in a counselling or career advice role.
- Confident manner and the ability to motivate others
- A current clean driving licence and ownership of a car.
- A recruitment background would be an advantage.
- Computer literacy
Application closing date: 21st March 2017, 12 noon.
Email for an application pack to: