1) To assess, plan, implement and evaluate all forms of resident and patient care.
2) Ensure that all residents and patients receive the care identified in the care plans.
3) To give any medication as prescribed, with proper monitoring of the drug/s, dose/s, time/s, route/s and resident/s administered to. Ensure that the medication/s are properly taken, and monitor for any normal, positive or negative effects of the drug/s. Thereafter ensure that all recording is accurately and correctly undertaken.
To ensure the safety and control of all stock drugs and prevention of overstocking or out of date drugs.
4) Ensure all controlled drugs are checked daily and the controlled drug book signed to verify the check by two members of staff, one of who must be trained.
5) Ensure that nursing procedures and treatments are understood and carried out according to company policies and procedure.
6) To liase with residents, staff, GPs, and other multi disciplinary team members in order to promote first class quality care.
7) Observe and report on the conditions of residents and patients and maintain their records accurately and legibly.
8) Engage fully when required to do so in the reception, discharge and aftercare of residents and patients.