The overriding remit and responsibility of the post is to work as an effective member of the Residential Services team in Daisy Lodge to deliver a therapeutic programme of workshops, group work session and one to one support designed to meet the needs of children, teenagers and young adults impacted by cancer and their families.
This role may require availability during the week or at weekends, depending on when families are staying at Daisy Lodge.
- Design and deliver a therapeutic programme of support that is tailored to the needs of families availing of short breaks.
- Deliver a high standard of group work to families and age specific groups based on identified need and in partnership with children and young people and their families.
- To facilitate family group sessions that encourage the whole family to engage in a range of activities.
- Provide support to children, young people and adults on a one to one basis when necessary.
- Contribute to the maintenance of confidential, accurate records by accounting for all direct work with children, young people in receipt of residential services.
- Participate in review meetings of all group-work delivered to measure and evidence impact/outcomes.
- Be cognisant and compliant with all Cancer Fund for Children policies and procedures designed to meet all service delivery requirements.
- To be available for planning, briefing, review sessions.
- To be available for training opportunities and to attend all mandatory training
- To promote Cancer Fund for Children services available to families impacted by cancer.
- To perform any other reasonable duties and specific projects deemed to be within the post-holder’s competence, as assigned by management to contribute to the overall aims of the Cancer Fund for Children.
Applying For This Position
Please download the job profile attached for more information on the role and qualifications required.
To apply for this position, please forward a current CV to [email protected].
If you have any questions or need more information about this role, please call us on 028 9080 5599.