To be part of a team of Childcare Staff in the Childcare Department at Greenway Women’s Centre. The Childcare facility consists of 2 separate rooms – Baby room for up to 6 0-2 year olds and Toddler room for up to 16 2-3 year olds.
Main Duties will require you to work with Practice Room leader and other childcare staff to:
- Actively participate in providing a caring and stimulating environment, which meets the individual needs of all the children.
- Encourage, enable, stimulate and ensure the well-being of all children placed in the designated childcare room in line with both current legislation and organisational policies.
- Ensure the confidentiality of all personal information regarding children, their families or other staff, which may be learnt as part of your role, at all times.
- Assist in implementing a stimulating and varied programme of play, in order to enhance each child’s abilities; and in a way which ensures the safety and well-being of children at all times.
- Liaise with parents/carers of special needs children as required to ensure their full integration within the designated childcare room.
- Maintain an open, appropriate and friendly relationship with parents/carers.
- When required, complete observations and assessments of each child’s individual needs and plan to meet these needs in conjunction with the Practice Leader.
- Assist in ensure the childcare room is fully set out before the children arrive and tidied up after the children leave on a daily basis and a high level of hygiene is maintained at all times.
- Assist in ensuring that all equipment and play materials are stored in a logical manner and in a way which promotes children’s independence when choosing play materials.
- Assist children at mealtimes, offering help where needed and ensuring that these are sociable, enjoyable occasions for everyone.
- Provide a high standard of both room and personal hygiene appropriate to the age and stage of development of the child and ensuring a rotation of duties to ensure equality and promotion of a harmonious, effective team working environment.
- Listen to, encourage, enable and stimulate the children both on an individual level and as part of a team approach.
- Assist in providing a high standard of both room and personal hygiene appropriate to the age and stage of development of the child and ensuring a rotation of duties to ensure equality within the room team.
- Any other duties as may be deemed appropriate by your line manager.
Recognised childcare qualification to NVQ Level 2 or 3 or equivalent
At least 1 year’s experience working in a childcare setting with children 0-4 years.
Experience of providing and planning a structured play environment for children 0-4 years.
Excellent communication skills with children and adults.
To work effectively as part of a team.
Good organisational skills and a willingness at times to work flexible hours.
N.B. In applying for this post candidates are consenting to undergo required Access NI and Social Services Checks.