Area Fundraising Manager (Northern Ireland)
Field based- Northern Ireland
Circa £20,000- £24,000 per annum plus car allowance
Permanent (full time)
Closing Date: 3rd October 2012
1st Interview: 16th October 2012 – Belfast
2nd Interview: 23rd October 2012 – Belfast
We’re looking for a motivated and target driven fundraiser to...
• Recruit, manage and develop supporters within the County Antrim community (including some of Belfast) to maximise fundraising for Cancer Research UK
• Identify groups and committees, individuals and organisations in the region to develop and support fundraising efforts
• Motivate, recognise and reward supporters ensuring their long term support of Cancer Research UK
• Work with regional and other Volunteer Fundraising staff to maximise high value supporter activity; events, high profile or unique activity
Beating cancer is a real challenge. Here at Cancer Research UK we have 3,500 talented people who are passionate about achieving this vision and thrive in our complex, diverse and dynamic environment. Now we need an Area Fundraising Manager to drive the success of our fundraising department and help us reach our ambitious volunteer fundraising income targets of £31,580,000 million per annum.
We can’t achieve our goals without maximising revenues so we need to ensure we drive and support our fundraisers as much as possible to help us achieve these high targets.
You can help us save millions of lives through...
• Your excellent ability to motivate, influence and persuade people to fundraise as much as possible for Cancer Research UK
• Your strong networking skills and proven ability to build relationships with a diverse range of people
• Proven experience of achieving and exceeding targets in the not for profit or commercial sectors
• Demonstrative ability to effectively manage budgets and multi-tasking to meet tight deadlines
• Your flexibility and willingness to travel where needed to support local fundraising groups
Our passion, determination and ambition leads us to set ourselves more and more challenging targets. This means that you’ll need to be an autonomous worker who can identify the best use of time and resources to maximise fundraising output. You’ll be results focussed with the confidence to ask supporters to raise money and continue their support for Cancer Research UK as well as an ability to recognise and reward people’s contribution. If you can do all this and more, you’ll enjoy a great career as we work hard to beat cancer – together.
How to Apply
All applications should be made via the Cancer Research UK careers website, where you will need to create a profile before you can submit an application. Our online application process also involves attaching your CV and Covering letter which should outline your interest in applying for the role and explain how you meet the set criteria.
You can apply for a job by clicking on the this link: https://cruk.taleo.net/careersection/cruk_corporate/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=ADM00198
For more information about the Volunteer Fundraising Team at cancer Research UK please see our website http://supportus.cancerresearchuk.org/fundraising-for-us/
Our Supporter Fundraising team is already the market leader in our competitive sector and we want it to stay that way.