Volunteer for Home-Start and make a difference to a family in Fermanagh.
Home-Start is a national charity with schemes in hundreds of local communities. We recruit and train volunteers to help families with young children. Our volunteers, who know about being a parent, support other parents by visiting them in their own homes for a couple of hours each week.
All kinds of families can find it hard to cope for all sorts of reasons, maybe illness or disability of a child or because of post-natal illness, bereavement or loneliness. Our supported families, like our volunteers, come from all walks of life.
Your support and friendship can really make a difference. Those early years, before a child goes off to school are vital in a child’s life and at Home-Start we believe parents have the key role in creating a secure childhood for their children. Its just that sometimes they need a bit of help…maybe you can help?
- Usually commit to 2 – 3 hours of support per week
- Are parents themselves or have parenting experience
- Are friendly, caring and don’t judge others
- Understand support offered to families is completely confidential
- Are fully trained and supported through the Preparation Course
- Can claim expenses incurred, e.g. travelling expenses
- Undergo an enhanced ACCESS NI check
- Feel they have made a difference
For further information please contact Mrs Angela O’Kane on 028 6634 6818 or email firstname.lastname@example.org