News items on CommunityNI
The first thing to know about adding content is that you need to be registered and logged in to CommunityNI. If you're not already registered, you can go here to do that. It's free.
If you're already registered and logged in, you may either add a news article from your Dashboard or by clicking on Add News from the menu in the News section.
Once you've clicked to create a news item, add your information - you'll notice some text fields have a red asterisk beside them, which means they are compulsory and you won't be able to publish your news article without filling them in.
Tips about the information to include in your news article:
- add a good image if you have one available
- try to make sure you're not adding an event or opportunity as news - people may not find it as easily if that's what they're looking for
- make sure you've added a name and all the relevant details if your news item is something you want people to contact you about
- add a link to the news on your own website, if you have one, especially if your own article goes into greater detail
- add keywords to help people find your post
If you have a specific funder or project logo that needs to be included, a button in the images section will allow you to upload them. Upload any accompanying files using the 'file attachments' tab - a report or information leaflet for example. Your article should show up on the site immediately.
Need to change something?
You'll find a list of all the content you've added to the site in your Dashboard. There's always a chance you may need to change or add something, and we hope we've made that easy for you. Simply go to the article you'd like to change and click on the Edit tab above the article heading. This will allow you to review and edit the information you originally added. Once you've made your changes, just click 'save' again.
Still need advice?
If you don't see the information you need here, just contact us by email at [email protected] or telephone 028 9087 7777.