On successful completion of this course; delegates are qualified to administer First Aid in the workplace; this has a major benefit to employers and employees alike. The employer is fulfilling his obligation to ensure adequate welfare and first aid provision, and employees can be confident that they will receive the best available emergency first aid in the event of an accident.
- First Aid in The Workplace
- Responsibility of the First Aider
- Action in an Emergency
- Breathing & Circulation
- Airway Obstruction & Disorders of Respiration
- Dealing with Wounds; Bleeding, Bites and Stings etc
- Incident Management
- Treatment of Burns and Scalds
- Treatment of Bone, Joint and Muscle Injuries
- System Poisoning
- Effects of Heat & Cold
- Casualty Management
- Resuscitation Management
The First Aid at Work Certificate lasts for three years and delegates must complete a two-day refresher course within 28 days from the certificate expiry date to renew their certificate.