CARA (Charity No. 1135610) is an independent international charity that was set up in July 2003. It works in the United Kingdom and Africa. CARA's activities include:
1. HIV/AIDS: prevention, care and support for those affected by HIV/AIDS by doing:
* Outreach: We distribute free condoms and sexual health information about HIV/AIDS and other STIs;
* Drop-in Service: Providing advice on sexual health issues and signposting to the relevant public services;
* Campaigns: Working with the communities to reduce the incidence of HIV, STIs and teenage pregnancy;
* Support Group/Discussion: prevention, care and support for those affected by HIV/AIDS and their family.
2. Health: striving to reduce premature deaths; especially, childhood death and illness;
3. Education: providing quality basic education for all, especially girls;
4. Water and sanitation: provision of clean water and adequate sanitation;
5. Protection for people affected by conflict, natural disaster and exploitation;
6. Translation & Interpretation in French, Portuguese, Somali, Kinyarwanda, Lingala, Swahili & English;
7. Legal: helping the poor to know, understand and achieve their rights;
We rely on our members and the generosity of the public in securing donations and legacies so that we can continue the work we provide.